Staying in Dubai for the upcoming holidays? Me too! During national holidays I tend to stay away from the popular malls because of the overcrowding you see on social media, but the late June weather makes it difficult to keep the family entertained. Here’s my own to-do list, I hope this gives you some inspiration:
1. Lunches at family friendly cafes with kiddy play corners. Try Confetti Café, Bakers Kitchen or Sandersons
2. Aya Universe immersive light display (Wafi mall) tickets are 99aed online & free for under 3’s. Don't fancy Aya? check out Dubai's kids museums and library
3. Head to Sharjah where you can find fun family days out for much cheaper than here in Dubai. You can find a blog post all about my trip to the Arabian Wildlife Centre (or episode 2 of the podcast). Next on my list is the Aquarium!
4. You can watch the free fireworks shows at Dubai Parks & Resorts & Festival City Mall
5. Family film day - I’m still in the depths of Ms Rachel, but if your kids are older you can visit Reel cinemas which have special viewings for juniors with bean bag seating at Springs Souk & Dubai Mall
6. I always love a visit to Time Out Market, this Sunday 25th June they’ll have face painting @ 1pm but is a great option over Eid break with entertainment and the best food to keep every family member happy
Please let me know how you will be spending the Eid break.